Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blessing Day


We had the opportunity to bless Kelci this week in church.  She behaved during the blessing and didn't cry at all (unlike the baby before her who screamed the whole time).

Kelci had the opportunity to wear my blessing dress from when I was a baby.  We had a wonderful friend who made a new slip to go with dress.  As you can see in the picture (I hope you can see it) our friend embroidered Kelci's name and the date of the blessing on it.  I had no idea she was putting that on but I loved the fact that she did.

Grandpa McDowell with Kelci.  A few days before the blessing my dad informed me that he was unable to attend blessing because work was so chaotic .  I was heart broken.  The morning my mom was ready to drive down, my dad called her (while at work) and told her he was on his way home and will be able to go with her so don't leave.  They didn't tell me he was coming so when they pulled up that evening I was shocked but VERY excited to see him.  My mom took this picture and made a thank you card  from Kelci for dad's employees to thank them for allowing him to attend the blessing.


Family pictures!!




4 comments:

  1. I love that she wore your dress like Ashlyn did with mine! Didn't Grandma McDowell make it? Love the red ribbon, just a little bit of color finished it off perfectly! Did you purposely wear red too for pictures? So glad Dad was able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pictures! She looks very cute in your blessing dress. I love the red too. That is awesome that Dad ended up being able to go. What a blessing. Good idea mom for writing the thank you note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I just looked closely at Kelci's dress. I think it is exactly the same pattern that Barbara used for Ryleigh's blessing dress. Ryleigh's had pink ribbon. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom was trying to remember who made the dress. She thinks it was a friend who made it. No i didn't purposely wear red for pictures although I am kinda glad I did. We had to add the red bow in the middle because we couldn't get out a puke stain from when i wore it. I was definitely glad dad made it. It was actually dads idea to do the thank you card.

    ReplyDelete