Monday, October 26, 2015

Girls Weekend

My friend Pam Wright invited me to a mother daughter girls weekend up at Grand Lake.  Her friend Shauna's brother owns this multi million dollar cabin that we were able to use for the weekend.  Words cant even explain how big this cabin was.  It easily sleeps 30+ people.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!  The pictures don't do justice. 







View from the back of cabin



We went on a couple different hikes around Rocky Mountain National Park.  The first hike we went to was a homestead a family owned that eventually turned into a housing place for hunters.  It was nice to learn the history behind the homestead and learn what the family had to go through.  After they took us around the cabins we were able to play dress up with clothes.  I am wearing a bison coat which was HEAVY

 Pam, Lacey and I
 The whole group

Our last hike was an incline that took you up to 12,000 feet high.  The incline didn't look to hard until you started hiking it.  The higher you climbed the less you could breath.  Since we were so high it was freezing cold and crazy windy. 

View from the top



I made it to the top!!!!


The best part of the whole trip was all the Elk I was able to see.  At dusk a few of us drove back into Rockey Mountain National Park to see the Elk.  The head bull was leading the herd across the street and after he got 30+ elk across the road he stood in the middle of the road and literally posed for everyone to take his picture.  I couldn't get his picture because the car that was across from me had his headlights turned on so the picture didn't turn out :( I was so sad because he was a prize bull!








1 comment:

  1. How fun! What a beautiful "cabin" too bad the family reunion fund can't afford that place :)

    ReplyDelete